Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hong Kong with Emily!

It's true friends, I am in HK with Emily. It's so bizarre, normal, and fantastic to see her. and currently I am drinking my last latte for a year. I keep thinking that THIS is my last...but now I truly think that this is my last one... ah, addiction...

My flight went very smoothly from Portland to San Fran... and the flight from San Fran to HK was 12 hours... and I slept most of it, given that I didn't sleep the night before. There was a very helpful, motherly type sitting next to me who gave me all kinds of travel tips and stories about China and HK. She even let me borrow her cell phone to call Em and tell her my plane arrived early.

I met a Mexican guy in the portland airport. He works for America West in Porta Vallerta..and says if I want to visit, he can hook me up with some cheap flights and accomodations. but all I know is that his name is Hector, so that plan might not work out.

Feelings of the moment: excited, nervous, tired...am I dreaming?????

peace.
Cicely, the international extrodinaire

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your travels are going well so far! How long is your HK layover? How did the weight issue (4 lb.) get resolved?
Enjoy those last lattes wherever you can find them! :)
Love,
Amy

Mir said...

I'm so bummed I missed your call yesterday. I saved the message so I can hear your voice again:) I'm glad that travels are going well. I'm praying for you. Things with J are good...I'll email soon.
Love, Mir

Anonymous said...

Great - glad it is going well. Talked with G'ma today. Her question was something like "have you heard anything from cicely's globber yet?". I did share what you said on this post.
A Mike from your church said he is interested in the car......we'll see.
A. Pam

Emily said...

it was sooooo good to see you. next time you're in hong kong, we'll hit up the town.