Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Trip North to Global Family Programs

This is in Baluchura, I am introducing myself. MCC does Peace and Conflict Resolution trainings with the children at various Mission schools and part of my job as a SALTER is to go along on these trips and learn about MCC's Global Family programs. I also have the privelege of seeing many different parts of Bangladesh this way--and traveling by A/C Truck isn't all that bad either.
We always get a hearty welcome. This girl is pinning a flower on me, while the larger group is singing a welcome song loudly and clapping their hands. At night the children from the Mission put on a Cultural Program with traditional dancing, skits and singing. It's really fun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lookin' good--i love when you put photos up here. we've been doing a bit of 'conflict resolution' with my photography group this week. middle school-age girls can be mad--and their mothers can be too...