Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Some Pictures of the last few weeks

2 words: SISTER ACT.







Me, Shilpi at Sungarden (I think that is the name) An area outside Dhaka, with all sort sorts of pre British architecture...We had a holiday so we did a bit of sight seeing--it was nice to see other Bangladeshis taking pictures, and not just me!

We were going to go to the museum, but alas, it was closed. So we ate some puska instead.. it is becoming my favorite snack here. They have a fried outter shell with mashed lentils, chilli, and other curry spices on the inside. you pour a vinigar and spice mixture over them. mmmm.
soooo good.

UPPER LEFT: me, trying to open a nice, WELL TAPED letter from dear friend Alaina. I had to get out the big guns to do it. It was so artistic though! it even had a dried flower in scotch tape heaven. The beauty of snail mail in Bangladesh is that I get a BUNCH at a time, because it gets sent to Dhaka first and eventually makes it's way to Mymensingh....it was soooo fun to open letters--all at once, it is better than the feeling of Christmas morning when I was 5!

Teaching is going well, even though ambiguous. I know english, yes. I think I know how to teach it, but it is so hard to judge what they already know and need to work on. Today, with the beginner class we went on a "vocabulary walk" it fun to see them learning a new way for saying something they see everyday.

Now I must go, take rickshaw back to the Mission and give and the rest of my english assessment test.

Happy Thanksgiving to you Americans out there............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY CIC!! how are you? this is mal, i just got home for thanksgiving and no one is here, mom and linz are in mansfield and i have no idea where dad is but i did get the most friendly greeting from poco! Anyways i have been trying to find your blog for the longest time and mom thinks she knows the address everytime she gives it to me but it's alway wrong, so this is the first time i have see it and "heard" from you in a manner of speak...it sounds like your have a great experience! i am so excited and happy for you! now that i know where to find you i'll be a frequent commenter, (i don't think thats a word, haha) oh well! ok well i love you, and miss you, have a great thanksgiving in a different country!
mal

Anonymous said...

so sorry for all the tape!!! i wanted to make sure it arrived in all it's beauty! All though, these pictures show that you are surrounded by some beauty everyday, eh?
love ya!